Online Dispute Resolution Platform
Developed by the European Commission offers a one-stop-shop dispute resolution mechanism for cross-border domestic and online purchases. This is done by channelling the disputes towards the national Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) bodies.
The purpose of ODR is to facilitate the independent, impartial, transparent, effective, fast and fair out-of-court resolution of disputes between consumers and traders online.
Traders will also benefit from this new platform, as the Alternative Dispute Resolution procedures will help them avoid costly litigation fees and maintain good customer relations.
- The online platform is user-friendly and accessible on all types of devices.
- Consumers can fill out the complaint form on the platform in three simple steps.
- It offers users the possibility to conduct the entire resolution procedure online.
- The platform is multilingual – a translation service is available on the platform to assist disputes involving parties based in different European countries.
- explain how this site works and what the dispute resolution bodies can do to help you
- help you communicate with the trader and/or the dispute resolution body handling your complaint
- help you submit your complaint (including which documents you need to attach to it)
- give you general information on your rights as a consumer (or a trader)
- advise you on other ways of resolving your dispute if this procedure doesn’t work.
Start using the ODR platform today
Submit your consumer query to find suitable redress options in a few simple online steps