Learn everything you need to know about your fundamental consumer rights and protections under European Union consumer here …
QUICK GUIDE TO BASIC SHOPPING RIGHTS IN THE EUROPEAN UNION
You can return most online purchases without needing a specific reason, as long as you let the trader know within 14 days.
• Right of withdrawal from contract
• Applicable to distance sales
• Harmonised in all EU member states
For more information, click here.
The EU ensures that all consumers – online and offline – can rely on a minimum time period during
which products should not present any defect. In case they do, consumers will be able to have them
repaired or replaced, being reimbursed or having a price reduction.
• Right to repair or replace
• Good needs to have been defective at purchase
• Applicable to all purchases
• Minimum harmonisation in all EU member states even if national legislation differs
Read more on this here.
The EU ensures that experts will advise you on your rights, and on the best process to claim them,
if you have been misled by false advertising.
• Information must be truthful
• Truthful information must not be presented in a misleading manner
• Aggressive practices are banned
For full explanation of the right read more here.
The EU helps you navigate the complexities of standard contracts and ensures you have the means to act,
if you are taken advantage of.
• Ensures that contracts are not one-sided towards trader
• An EU directive defines unfair clauses
• Minimum alignment in all EU member states even if national legislation differs
Learn more here.
The EU sets safety rules that cover all consumer or professional products on the market.
• Businesses are obliged to ensure products are safe
• Clear requirements are in place to signal unsafe products to authorities
• EU-wide system to coordinate communication and measures against unsafe products
For full explanation , read here.