Before you submit your complaint, please make sure that you have reviewed the information available on our site that might answer your questions. Click on the following for information on how to deal with:
The European Consumer Centre Ireland can only assist with complaints from private consumers resident in the Republic of Ireland against a business based in a different European Union country, Norway, Iceland or the United Kingdom.
We are unable to assist with complaints against private individuals or against businesses that are based outside the EU/EEA.
For the purpose of assessing and responding to your complaint as quickly and efficiently as possible,
when you submit your complaint please make sure that you provide us with the following:
- Your name and contact details
- The name and details of the trader
- The country where the trader is based
- A detailed description of your complaint
- What resolution you are seeking
- Copies of relevant supporting documentation including your correspondence with the trader to date
Before you submit your complaint to us, make sure you have exhausted the trader’s complaints process first.
If you have difficulties communicating with a business, learn how to make an effective complaint here.
After you have tried to resolve the matter directly with the trader to no avail,
please contact us for assistance by clicking below: