We are here to help.
If you are a consumer (resident in Ireland) with a complaint about a trader based in another EU/EEA country (i.e. cross-border) and you have tried to resolve the matter with the trader to no avail, please feel free to contact us. Our service is free of charge and confidential.
However, if you are resident in Ireland and you have a consumer dispute with a trader that is also based in Ireland then please contact the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission for further information.
For the purpose of assessing and responding to your query, we request that you provide us with the following:
- Your name and contact details
- The name of the trader and the country where the trader is based
- A description of your complaint and
- How you wish your complaint to be resolved
- Optional – copies of relevant supporting documentation including your correspondence with the trader to date.
Please send us one email per issue only.
Please submit details of your request to: email@example.com
Email is our preferred method of communication and you can expect a response from us within 3 working days. At times of heavy demand we cannot always guarantee this.